Nov 26, 2011

I Love Training!

So, it has been a little over a month that I have been in Firefighter training and I love it!

So far we have gotten to do an initial search attack in a dark, concrete room with our SCBA gear on.
We have taken our First Aid/CPR course,
learned different types of knots used for rescue and as an aid in transferring objects.
went for a walk/jog with our SCBA on,
Jogged up and down the hill by the river 3 times,
learned some rescue carries,
took part in maintenance a couple of times,
and still going. The plan is for us all to pass everything and get our pagers just after New Year.

I am looking forward to Saturday when we get to dive into the rescue part of it in more detail. We will be using the jaws of life, running hose and putting a vehicle fire out.

The parts I love ... I love the physical challenge aspect. I like seeing how much I am really capable of and the feeling of accomplishment afterwards. I love getting to know new people and being a part of a great team of community people. Although sometimes it is a real gong show I do love keeping busy.

The best treat though is Blaine and I getting to share our stories together that we experienced individually.

No comments: