Three twelve hour shifts in a row. Nothing makes getting up at 4:30 an easier. The scenery sure helps though.
I snapped a picture of the sunrise on my way to work today. A beautiful golden field with red barns and rolling hills. The flaming red sky behind. The picture didn't do it justice at all. It made me think of heaven ... Perhaps the reason heaven is left to our imagination is because a picture wouldn't do it justice.
As I rounded the corner with the sunrise in front of me, I glanced in my rearview mirror and noticed a rainbow behind me. A rare beauty to see at once.
After transferring an individual today I was disheartened to see how a nurse could be so uncaring. Soon after, I ran into the man who encouraged me to follow my dreams a year and a half ago when I travelled with my own father in the back of an ambulance on his way for tests. Dan reminded me that some nurses may be callous and uncaring but I chose this job to be those individuals exact opposite. I chose to be the light to those who need it the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment