Jun 7, 2008

Laughter is the best medicine!


Today was Keegan's ninth birthday party. It turned out so well. The weather held on and not one drop of rain rained on our party. I was thankful that God granted us a great day and for the children that he gave us.

Just last night as I held a two week old baby and watched him bond with his mommy it brought me back to when Keegan was that little. It is so amazing to watch these sweet little infants grow up to be thoughtful, creative, and talented individuals. They have all grown so fast.

Just this evening as the six of us sat around a "flopped" supper Ginny put us into an uproar Ginny explained that when she grows up she is going to be a cop and make her husband do all the chores and house work while she goes out and fights the bad guys. After we laughed so hard that our bellies ached I was finally able to continue eating our soggy rice.... That is until she added the part of "if not my husband than definitely my boyfriend." I was glad that she continued in detail of how she would call him and if he ignored her and didn't come than she would go and knock on his door and bring him to her house where she would lock him in until he was done doing her chores.

Then as I tucked in my Malakai and laid beside him he gave me the largest bear hug and said. "I love you mommy. Your the best mommy ever!"

I love you too my little ones.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my little buddies, so much!!! Thats my Ginny, good girl!! Auntie is proud of you for sticking up for yourself, and being the dominant one. Its amazing I see myself, my stronger self, the person I have always wanted to be in that girl. Mommy please give those kids a huge auntie hug for me. Tell them that I love them very much!!!