Jun 30, 2008
Stolen Identity!
We just got home from our trip last night. The last few hours seemed like forever. We knew that upon waking up this morning we had a lot of running around to do. Little did we know that at our first stop of getting Blaine a coffee we would find our debit cards frozen and in active. It was not possible that we were out of money so off to the bank we went. After trips to the bank and them home to call the bank and then back again I found that my card had been skimmed. In other words some business (that they are forbidden to give me any information about) double swiped mine and many other civilians cards twice so that they could steal our account info. Needless to say between yesterday and today some stranger hacked my bank account and stole $960.00 from our account. Words can not describe how I felt when being informed of this. I was angry, scared, sad and violated. For the record, use cash as often as you can. When you must use interact be sure that if they say that "your card didn't scan, I need to scan it again" make sure they swipe it on the same machine and not something else. It is a scary world out there. I was intending to blog about our trip but you know, I'm not really in the mood any more. Give me a day or two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so sorry you guys...is there any way to get the money back?
The money will come back in due time. It's not so much the fact of the money but more the violation of my personal stuff. I am supposed to get a new card but really I have no desire to right now.
Post a Comment