Mar 12, 2011
40 days of lent
For lent I have decided to give up facebook. I could have given up blogging, email and everything else relating to the internet but that would be a little extreme. I chose facebook because it sometimes causes a riff in my feelings and emotions. It is easy for me to get my feelings hurt, get sick of family and even sometimes jealous. So no facebook for me. Trust me, this is HARD, especially on a Saturday. I would have gone on at least a million times by now but I am hanging in there. The one thing I miss ... communication!! It is funny how no one ever emails to see how you are doing or what you are up to. It is amazing how no ever uses the simple method called the telephone anymore. I am just as guilty though. We will have to see what becomes of facebook when I am done with Lent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I completely went off Facebook a while ago (you may have seen my blog post), unfriended all of my "friends" and it was the best thing I ever did. I challenge you to go beyond Easter!
I did see that you did. I have really been contemplating it. The only times I miss it are when I need to get ahold of someone in the church or I need pics for powerpoint. I also miss keeping up with my cousins whom I don't hear from otherwise. It has definitely been on my mind though.
Post a Comment