Mar 10, 2011

Princess Leia


Malakai loves going to Miss Amy's house after school and especially loves being a clown in front of 2yr old Isaac. Apparently Isaac's nickname is "Pooper". My thoughts ... poor kid :) Not exactly sure if Malakai gave him that name or not but either way, it has now become Malakai's favorite word.

This morning while I am straightening my hair, Malakai sneaks in to brush his teeth.
"Hi Pooper" He says. "Is it all right if I call you Pooper?" He asks

"I'd rather not be called Pooper." I reply. "How about Princess"

"I know, I'll call you Princess Leia?" Malakai says.

"Princess Leia" I ask. Something about being a Star Wars princess just doesn't appeal to me. "How about Cinderella?"

"No" Malakai replies, as he rubs my back. "you are Sleeping Beauty" I was honored to be Sleeping Beauty. But the honor didn't last too long. When I was finished my hair I looked at Malakai and asked "how do I look?"

"You look like Princess Leia" he says, and walks away.

These kinds of conversations are always a mothers dream thus my reasoning for blogging it. I love looking back and seeing the great conversations that I have had with my children. They have become stories for the future. This story does not end here though.

As we are dropping Malakai off at school I holler out the door. "Have a great day my messy hair man" (today is bad hair day at school.)

"No, I am not messy hair man, I am king messy hair and you are my princess Sleeping Beauty."

So while I am kind of confused on exactly who I am today. I know that I am a Princess in the eyes of my King.

No comments: