Yesterday Ginny and I headed into the Stollery to visit Avery, Yvonne and of course, brand new little Jaylynn. It was so good to connect again. Yvonne is trying her hardest to keep Avery's fluids up and keep her eating good fighting foods and Avery is in good enough spririts to be stubborn and not want to eat what her mother is feeding her.
Today I headed out to the Petkau homestead to lend a helping hand while Mom and Dad are in the hospital and working. I haven't been there for quite some time and a part of me was nervous, wondering how the visit might go without Yvonne there. I had a plan though and some tricks up my sleeve. Every time we would visit the Petkau family Blaine would always play this special game that the kids would love. Since there are so many youngsters all close together he rarely remembered their names. All the kids would crowd the entry way when we arrived and he would start rattling off some names asking the kids if they were so and so. They would roar with laughter each time. Since the youngest one was just born the last time I saw them I had no choice but to play that silly game. Little Carston, the youngest had the most fun with it, correcting me till I got them all right. Unfortunately Ginny missed Haven and Darby since they went to the hospital with their dad for a visit. I promised her another visit real soon.
Things felt as normal as ever, especially when Riley handed off Carston to me and so bluntly said "You can go to Mrs. Anderson, She is nice Carston." I have never known the Petkau's to invite a "none nice" person into their home. :) We quickly gathered the supplies that Ginny and I brought and got to work on a great project for Avery. Soon we took a break for lunch, all the while little Tristyn informed me that she was too big for naps and that I must be her momma for today. :) Once we got back on track with our craft she informed me of what needed to be put where. She sat on my knee, rocked back and forth, giggled and talked none stop. Little Whitney ever so gently tapped me on the shoulder asking me to help her or to ask the odd question. I saw new personalities, as well as hints of familiar ones. Cierra has always been the more outdoorsy type. She used to love to catch bugs and play in the mud with Keegan. The Cierra I saw today was growing into quite the young lady. More responsibilities on her shoulders but still ready to run off with the younger ones in a heart beat. We took some pictures for the craft and had a wonderful time being silly.
The whole while, little Tristyn reminded me that I brought ice cream and wondered when we were going to have our little snack. I couldn't help but bring ice cream, caramel sauce and smarties to make sundaes. Of course, I brought banana's as well. Ginny and Riley ate up their banana's first so that they could savour the ice cream part. :) It was a wonderful day. As we wrapped up the afternoon little Tristyn asked me when we were coming again. I assured her that we would return sometime soon. "What will you bring next time?" She asks. "Hmm how about chocolate chips so we can make some chocolate chip cookies?" I reply. "Oh yummy!!!"
It was such a great day and Ginny and I were blessed beyond measures.

No comments:
Post a Comment