Today I decided to take my bike to work, which is now a much more enjoyable ride since it is now half of the distance I used to go before we moved. I can now get home, have some lunch and relax rather than turn right back around and head back to work. During my ride there was a moment when Mr. Rogers invaded my happy spot in my brain. I may have just aged myself admitting to the fact that yes I was around when Mr. Rogers was on t.v. For those of you who don't know, Mr. Rogers wore a grey sweater and would come into his house, put on his shoes and begin to tie them up as he sang ..."It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood .... a beautiful day, a beautiful day, won't you be my neighbour." This was the point where I could take no more and I would turn it to Mr. Dress up or some other G rated kid show. :)
Today is just that though. As I rode my bike home for lunch I saw three familiar kids walking their brand new puppy (the cutest thing ever I might add). Coaxing it to walk as the littlest one ran up ahead and giggled. There was a group from the daycare enjoying the park, a man going for a jog and then of course me, huffing and puffing up the hill. I couldn't help but think of Mr. Rogers and his annoying beautiful day song. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment