Mar 4, 2007

Boys vs. Girls (part one)



Everyone puts in their orders to God when they find out they are pregnant. Please God let it be a boy or vice versa. Believe it or not God answered our order each time. First we wanted a boy then we wanted a girl. Wow! after a year of a girl we prayed real hard for another boy. Now that our two boys are seven and three, I found myself wondering how God actually thought I could handle two of the little creatures. Bringing up boys is a book that I have picked up in a desperate state to understand my two boys a little bit better. It's funny how these two different sexes are staring you in the face day after day and all it takes is a simple book to really put it into perspective. I highly recommend this book for anyone with boys. I am only on Chapter 2 so I can't speak for the whole book yet but already it has widened my view. It makes so much sense now when they tear apart my house to make a fort or when one of them is silly the other has to top it off with something sillier. I am now learning to sit back and observe rather than be the mother who always natters and ruins the fun. The trying part is when the sweet little princess in the middle tries to be just like them. Now I am just thankful for the material to figure them out.

No comments: