Mar 23, 2009

The birth order


There is a book in my crammed book shelf called the birth order. I love this book, though the method of deciding where you fall in the birth order is not simple it is very interesting. Every once and awhile this whole birth order thing comes up and we can't help but to laugh. let me give you a little insight.

Blaine, the youngest of 3 sometimes tends to be the shot gun, impulsive baby. However due to unplanned circumstance he ended up taking the first born role. So, at times he is impulsive and at others realistic.

Me, I am the youngest of 5 so I am also sometimes a baby. Did you see that I said sometimes. Since there is 7 years between me and my brother I am also kinda like an first born/only child. Wow! "So confusing" you say. Not really. Since I have read the book a few times it is so truthful and so interesting.

You see, two babies can tend to make a rocky marriage. 13 years of wonderful marriage I can honestly say ours is not rocky however I can see when we are both being babies or when we are both playing our other roles. Last week we were both babies. I looked on the internet and saw that Disney had a huge sale. I wrote Blaine a note for when he woke up saying "lets go to Disney". Blaine found the note, went to work and asked for the time off. "When does the flight leave?" you ask. It doesn't! My firstborn kicked in and I realized we are struggling as is, we do not need more debt. So I quickly called Blaine and changed my mind.

When our first born kicks in I can safely say we have a quick argument here or there. Most of the time though you will find me in my only child role and Blaine in his happy, carefree, baby role.

The fun part is watching it in your kids. So far, they are all in their birth order roles. Keegan tends to be so serious and exact with detail, situations, everything! Ginny is little mother hen of Malakai and sometimes feels left out when the boys play together. Malakai is the ham of the family, always playful, never serious and always making us late.

So, if ever you invite our family over and we arrive late, chances are, there are three babies in the family and no one could get their act together. :)

No comments: