I would be lying if I were to sit here and tell you that my "Whole" weekend rocked and my adventure hunting was a hit.
Friday rocked! We actually made it to some good friends of ours for a visit. I am not sure if it was because we were minus a child or if it was because we felt so comfortable there but the kids were just able to be kids and everyone had a blast. We were blessed with a very yummy supper and even yummier milk shakes after. The humor went from Ginny getting her pony tail wrapped around the milk shake machine to the weee fun we had on the wii. It was a great evening that brought us back home in the early morning hours.
Saturday was another fun day where my sister and I took Ginny and went to Killam for my nephews missions trip fundraiser and baptism. The evening was filled with laughter, bidding, pie throwing and more laughter. Every once and awhile a dark cloud would role in and my sister and nephew would argue ... and argue .... and argue... I tried to lighten the mood but those two have a lot of garbage to work through. As the arguing came to a seething firing head on Sunday afternoon, right before we started back home, this thought came into my mind.
One of the infamous faith sayings is this WWJD? What Would Jesus Do? We as believers are to ask ourselves this to keep us on the right track "so to speak". Then it really hit me. Little kids tend more to watch what they actually see in front of them instead of going by the bible and what it says for us to do and say. More or less in their eyes the infamous saying would be What Would My Parents Do? Do you have little mini me's walking around in your household? Are you often seeing your temper, humor, attitude mirrored in big blue eyes? I am guilty! I am just glad that we can work on the negative things that they have gotten from us and turn them into great things while they are still young.
No comments:
Post a Comment