Do you ever feel like sometimes the world is going so fast that it is going to spin off course with out you? I find that with school, work, church and other activities, we are always in such a hurry that we seem to so often miss the good things. One day as I was trudging along with Malakai we had so much to do and so little time that when I stopped for a moment it hit me so hard that I wanted to cry. That day alone I must have told Malakai a million times to "Hurry up". It was not fair to him, his little 5 yr. old legs trudging along at mock speed. He tried to stop me, more than a few times to be exact. "Mommy look at that." or "Mommy did you know that my friend has one of those." and even "Mommy would you like that?"
I have a problem with filling my plate so full that I often find I am dragging the ones I love around behind me. In my busy life I often wish that I could be like others I know. I wish I could cook like them, or have a strong faith like them. I wish more than anything that I could have family time like them. In fact just this morning I realized that Ginny had not done her homework. My first instinct was to think "what are the teachers going to think of me now?" Then I say to myself. Who cares what the teachers think. Ginny is loved, she is nurtured and she loves Jesus. Homework can wait another day. No matter how hard I try, the time that we do have can be broken up into only so many pieces. By the time the kids get home from school, have a snack and wind down a bit, I am already onto making supper. By the time we eat and clean up dinner, we are nearing 6pm. Then comes baths and homework. Now where on earth did you see time for reading, or fun?
I need to learn to stop the roller coaster and get off for a hug or a tickle now and then. There are so many expectations of us in life. Are you hanging on for the ride?
2 comments:
i know exactly how you feel...that's my every day too and then when i do slow down, i don't know what to do with myself!
So true
Post a Comment