I am in a slump! the only thing I could think of doing was sitting in my comfy chair and slumping on you! Every since I can remember I have been giving my time and giving my energy to everyone. I have a passion for kids and for teens. I have many talents that God has given me. In fact I am told this on a regular basis. The problem with this mix...... Everyone wants ME!
I may sound a little full of it with stating that however it is true. I am involved with my childrens school and I am involved with my childrens church. So when it come time to be involved with something else I always say yes! I know! That there is my mistake. "You have to learn how to say NO!" Who else is going to do it though? When someone tells you that no one else is stepping up and you are so talented in this area you feel like you have to say yes.
When Blaine was involved in training I said NO, NO, NO and again No. Everyone was so lost and so shocked that I said no that some didn't even listen until the fourth no. It was nice for a change to be able to enjoy some time to myself.
Well, that time is gone again. Blaine is back to work and I am back to the overwhelming slump. Hot lunch at school has gone to chaos and I am now doing the WHOLE thing (only because of my stupidity). We have to attend the PAC meetings because believe it or not there are only 4 parents who ever attend. The two of us are back at leading in Church again and a part of me is excited to get involved but a part of me misses being a hermit. Then there is the hermit side that if you don't use your talents they are going to waste. I don't know! Maybe it is this disgusting weather. I am a weather girl. I NEED change. Unfortunately there is no hope outside of the -20 and colder for the next month. Welcome to slump ville.
Oh, did I mention that I get to watch my parents puppy and my own and my other dog for the weekend. Add three kids in that mix and you truly have a crazy farm. YEAH! Can you hear the excitement?
1 comment:
Want me to bring my Cats over!! HeeHee Good Luck, I'm a weather girl too sometimes I don't even want to get out of bed these days!
Post a Comment